Request for Qualifications (RFQ) – Real Estate Service, October 5, 2019
The Berkeley County Development Authority is seeking qualifications from qualified West Virginia licensed realtors with proven experience in industrial and commercial real estate. The Authority intends to market the Tabler Station Business Park, including the area known as Station Square, in Inwood, property at Cumbo Yard Industrial Park, in Martinsburg, and adjacent land near the Eastern West Virginia Regional Airport. The Authority will review and may select one respondent, based on submitted qualifications. The Authority reserves the right to accept or reject any or all submittals, if such action is believed to be in the best interest of the Authority.
The properties, as specified in the introduction above, are all vacant land suitable for industrial and commercial development. Asset sheets are available on the Authority’s website, www.developmentauthority.com or in the office at 300 Foxcroft Avenue, Suite 201, Martinsburg, West Virginia 25401.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The selected realtor or realty firm will provide the Development Authority with a range of services consistent with established state and local law guidelines. All services shall be performed in accordance with the scope of work set forth in a professional services agreement. The contract, if awarded, will include a scope of work and an approved listing commission fee schedule negotiated between the Authority and the successful realtor. The selected person or firm will provide the services outlined in the scope of work and shall include, but shall not be limited to the following:
- Advertising, marketing, placing signage on the property, and online marketing to include a virtual tour, photo gallery, and promotional video as deemed necessary
- Listing the property in an MLS/MRIS database, LoopNet, CoStar, and other applicable marketing sites
- Physically showing the property to prospective buyers
- Advising the Authority on negotiations and sales terms as appropriate
- Advising the Authority on any improvements to the property that should be considered for a more lucrative sale
- Initiating contacts with brokers and potential buyers
- Providing marketing reports on a quarterly basis to the Development Authority
- Targeting and researching specific, suitable commercial and industrial potential buyers
- Researching and reporting on cluster businesses and desired demographics
- Provide a monthly report of activity and services to the Development Authority
Each item in this section should be specifically addressed in the respondent’s proposal. Otherwise, indicate why no response is given. Proposals must identify which person or persons in the firm will be providing the services, and the information below should be provided for that person.
- Qualifications- Briefly summarize your qualifications and experience for the proposed work and list staff that will be assigned to the project. Please also include documentation of licensing and standing to conduct business in West Virginia. Share experience relevant to marketing commercial property in Berkeley county, West Virginia and the contiguous metropolitan region.
- References- Provide a minimum of three references from those parties you have worked with in the last 3 years.
- Proposed work plan for marketing the property- Describe your recommended signage, advertising, and listing.
- Proposed Commission and Fees- Identify costs and expenses, proposed commission schedule for your proposal, and include any instances for which you would expect to be paid or reimbursed.
INSTRUCTIONS AND SCHEDULE FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Development Authority shall not be liable for any costs or expenses incurred by any proposer in relation to the preparation or submission of proposals. Additionally, the Authority shall not be liable for expenses incurred as a result of the rejection of any proposals made in response to this RFQ.
Proposals are due before 4:00 p.m. on Monday, October 21, 2019. The date and time are absolute and no extensions will be granted. The Development Authority will not recognize a USPS postmark for purposes of dating a proposal. All proposals received after the deadline date and time will be rejected and returned to the sender, and will not be considered. Proposals may be sent electronically, mailed, or hand delivered to:
Berkeley County Development Authority
Attention: Sandy Hamilton, Executive Director
300 Foxcroft Avenue, Suite 201, Martinsburg, WV 25401
To download a copy of the RFQ, click here.
Links to referred sites: